Galena became a boomtown around the 1850s when lead sulfide, from which the name comes, was discovered in the region. Since then, the home of Ulysses S. Grant has become a tourist destination known for its history, architecture, and resorts.
What To See And Do:
- You can go on an adventure along the Mississippi River.
- Take a trolley around the town.
- Spend all day exploring the many historical sites.
- Adventurers can explore the skies in a hot air balloon.
- If you’re a golfer, you can go over to the championship greens.
- Blaum Bros. Distilling Co.