- The historic town square in the fall, when local businesses are decked out with festive decorations and everyone’s sipping Muletown Coffee, is when to take in this picturesque place.
- It’s also the perfect area to take in all the gorgeous fall colors along Tennessee’s portion of the Natchez Trace Parkway.
- Maury County Park Nature Trail is a half-mile loop, 10 minutes outside of downtown Columbia, and it’s a lazy stroll if you’re more interested in sipping a latte and chatting than working out.
- Soup season has arrived, and Square Market and Cafe has the best in Maury County. Their crab bisque and tomato artichoke soup earn them constant praise.
- Check out Muletown for your coffee needs and The Windmill Bakery for some sweet treats. Their menu includes cinnamon rolls, pecan pie, and pumpkin cheesecake. They also have tons of gluten-free options.
- In October, Satterwhite Farm turns into Pumpkin Paradise with pumpkin picking and tractor rides. The fun doesn’t end there, though. The weekend after Halloween, they host the Pumpkin Paradise Catapult, where you can bring your old jack-o-lanterns and launch them through the air into the nearby pumpkin field.
The next destination is pretty sweet, not salty…..