Retreat to Romance – Boutique Short Breaks
Escape daily life with a romantic sojourn. This selection of stylish hotels, resorts and retreats in Australia will help you beat the winter chill and ignite the flame of passion.
Calabash Bay Lodge
Only one-hour north of Sydney lies the award-winning Calabash Bay Lodge – Berowra Waters’ best kept holiday secret.
Surrounded on all sides by sweeping riverfront national park, Calabash Bay Lodge is only accessible by boat, and has its own private jetty for boating, kayaking and fishing. The sunny, three-level, north-facing lodge features contemporary designer furnishings, a stunning master king suite, and floor-to-ceiling windows throughout, offering stunning views of the Hawkesbury River.
“Luxe Lovers” package
From $1,650 per night
- Two nights’ exclusive use of Calabash Bay Lodge
- Three-course dinner and lazy brunch cooked by a private chef (including provisions for a continental breakfast, lunch, dinner, and cheese platter)
- Two-hour couples’ luxury spa package and massage
- Sparkling wine and late checkout
From $455 per night
- Return boat transfers
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Water toys including a boat, kayaks and fishing rods
- HD entertainment with Foxtel Platinum, Sonos, Apple TV and Netflix
Ulladulla Guest House – Fine Hospitality in A Relaxing Setting
Famous for its warm hospitality, Ulladulla Guest House is the place to enjoy boutique accommodation, fine regional produce and indulgent pampering. All suites are 5-star, from stylish Executive Suites to divine self-contained units. With various on-site activities and beautiful grounds, you can guarantee a delightfully romantic trip away with your loved one.
- Swimming pool, jacuzzi and tropical gardens
- Spa, sauna and gymnasium
- Massage and beauty services
- Art gallery
- Elizans Wine & Mezze bar with excellent wine list
- Local attractions nearby
From $122 per night, twin share – includes a two-night stay, breakfast daily and one dinner.
Falls Mountain Retreat
Falls Mountain Retreat is a true oasis for the discerning traveller. The contemporary hideaway, nestled amongst acres of secluded and peaceful gardens on the edge of Blue Mountains National Park., is famous for the walking trails, cool waterfalls and breathtaking views right on its doorstep. In a stylish departure from the historic hotels, cottages and B&Bs for which the Blue Mountains is generally renowned, Falls Mountain Retreat offers a choice of modern self-contained apartments including loft studios, one-bedroom suites and two-bedroom apartments.
A romantic, real-flame open fireplace, deep and spacious two-person hydrotherapy massage spa bath and contemporary soft furnishings are standard with whichever option you choose. The style is warm, welcoming and refreshing, and the atmosphere peaceful and private – all the ingredients for a romantic getaway.
- Secluded fully self-contained accommodation
- King- or queen-size beds
- Two-person hydrotherapy spa bath
- Open real-flame fireplace
- Reverse cycle air conditioning
- TV, DVD/MP3 player, CD stereo system
- Full kitchen and laundry or kitchenette facility