Williams Grove Amusement Park, Mechanicsburg, PA
Williams Grove was once home to a true family affair! It started back in 1850 when the Williams family began hosting picnics just outside Mechanicsburg. As the crowds grew, their popularity increased, and they decided to add some rides and turn it into a Fairground! Morgan Hughes then purchased the Amusement park in 1972, and several new rides were brought from the Palisades Amusement Park in New Jersey, including several rollercoasters, funhouses, and water slides. These new rides helped to keep the park exciting and in operation until 2005.
Nowadays, it is overrun by plants and vandalism. It was open to the public but in 2005 closed in part due to flood damage caused by Hurricane Agnes. These days the park is still holding but not operating, the area faces frequent vandalism, and the owners who still live on-site are battling to preserve the park’s history!
On Halloween night, October 31, 2016, they reopened to the public with a Haunted Walk delighting many avid fans full of Nostalgia.