This artist colony is so adorable that many movies were filmed here. You may remember “Overboard,” “Forever Young,” and even “Karate Kid 3”. In fact, the series Murder She Wrote used many exterior shots from throughout Mendocino long after they stopped shooting here.
What To See And Do:
- Being here gives you a hippy vibe mixed with quaint New England style because of its architecture.
- You can listen to seals barking and splashing around if you go on the bluffs.
- Nearly all of this former logging community’s town is on the National Register of Historic Places.
- The victorian style houses and Main Street that are lined with art galleries and bookstores, perched above the Pacific Ocean.
- Visit Point Cabrillo Light Station State Historic Park.
- See the waterfall at Russian Gulch State Park.