10 Amazing Facts About Cape Town
1. Greenpoint Lighthouse Is The Oldest In SA. This iconic structure based in Moullie Point has been standing since 1842.
2. The Shipping Port Is Said To Be The Busiest In The World – Because of its location along one of the world’s busiest trade routes, this port sees many shipping containers and cruise liners.
3. Table Mountain Has Its Own Constellation – Mensa is seen in the southern hemisphere around midnight in July.
4. It Has Made South Africa One of the Top 10 Wine Producing Countries – This is thanks to the vineyards in Cape Town – from Franschoek to Constantia, Stellenbosch to Fairview – grapes are a plenty.
5. Humpback Whales Can Be Spotted In False Bay – The mammals come to the shores to give birth around July, and many whale-spotting tours are facilitated in the area.